Get To Know Elodie Parkes
After yesterdays interview with Elodie Parkes author of The Winter Girl . Here's a quick get to know her.
Five facts about you that people won’t know about you. Can you juggle? Ride a bike with no hands? Drink beer upside down? Something unusual… GO!
1. I have three bachelor degrees and use none of them.
2. I used to go rock climbing but after an ear infection I got dreadful vertigo and now I’m scared of heights.
3. I’m a tech junkie and have every tech gadget known to exist, well almost…
4. I hate pizza
5.I can’t cook …no not a thing…
Five facts about your newest book that people won’t know. Some background history on one of your characters maybe? Maybe it was going to be called something completely different to start out with? Is it the same genre it started out as?...
1. Lily’s name started out as Daisy
2. I set it in the USA originally, Texas, then realized the location of the inspiration just wouldn’t transfer so it went back to Britain
3. It was always erotic contemporary romance, no change there and nothing to report.
4. The shop doesn’t exist but is based on a composite of about five new age shops I’ve been in.
5. The gallery owner John Walker was inspired by my current boss
Five facts about your next book… Name, genre, expected date of release…
1. The Old Star
2. Contemporary erotic romance with a twist of paranormal
3. Darker than I usually write because of the male lead’s circumstances but still a romance with HEA
4. To be published by Hot Ink Press August 23, 2013
5. The main male lead was going to be called Evan originally but he didn’t like that so now he’s called Owen.
Three tips that you think might be useful for other authors… anything you want. It could be, to write a certain amount every day, only write after midnight and never get Gizmo wet (Sorry, that’s Gremlins not writers! My bad.) Maybe it’s some information that was given to you that has helped your process…
1. If you want to write do it, never be put off.
2. Learn from your mistakes but don’t beat yourself up over them, just move on.
3. Remember that it’s a harsh world out there for writers and often good books are overlooked because there are so many, so just enjoy yourself.
♥♥ Don't forget that there's still time to enter the competition on her blog for a $10 Amazon gift card and a kindle copy of The Winter Girl.
Don't miss out, follow the link and enter NOW http://elodieparkes.blogspot.com/ ♥♥
13/6/2013 02:01:55 am
13/6/2013 05:41:17 am
Ha ha, no problem, it's great to have you here. Good luck for tomorrow!
13/6/2013 06:51:45 am
Wonderful !!! . . . I love these quick-fire questions and Elodie's quick-fire answers. Great fun!! And now I'm off to enter that competition!!
14/6/2013 06:30:39 am
Awesome, good luck! xx♥
Leave a Reply.
Subscribe To My Blog
BUY LIMERENCE HERE