We are spoiling you tonight, With two pieces from Gregory Carrico. Firstly we have an excerpt from Children Of The Plague and then a little something that he wrote especially for us.
This tasty little flash fiction is called, The Stephen King Book Club.
Children Of The Plague Excerpt
Okay, so to be in with a chance of winning an ebook of Children Of The Plague, go over and 'like' his author page and sign up to his email. Then go to the Events Page and comment 'I caught the plague from Gregory Carrico'
Winner wil be picked at random tomorrow night.
Email Signup: http://on.fb.me/17RrOXw
Authors Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/GregCarricoAuthor?fref=ts
Gregory Carrico Flash Fiction:
Want to know a bit more about Gregory? He's a man of many talents, not least his ability to chill, thrill and entertain, so read on and learn a little bit more about him.
A Quick Get To Know The Author
Five facts about you that people won’t know about you. Can you juggle? Ride a bike with no hands? Drink beer upside down? Something unusual… GO!
1. I'm an identical Twin
2. Spiders scare me.
3. I'm a martial artist
4. I once wrote an English paper for my Twin to see if our professor was biased against him (or for me).
5. I don't want to be rich and famous. I'll settle for rich.
Five facts about your newest book that people won’t know. Some background history on one of your characters maybe? Maybe it was going to be called something completely different to start out with? Is it the same genre it started out as?...
1. Lanni and Alex did not exist in the original plot
2. Leonard did some terrible things in scenes that didn't make it into the book.
3. I made a cover for it, and then came to my senses and hired a professional artist.
4. The ending was much different in the original version.
5. The scene in the shipping warehouse was a last minute addition that sent huge shock waves through the plot and ultimate outcome of the story in the forthcoming sequel.
Five facts about your next book… Name, genre, expected date of release…
1. It begins a series called Sand.
2. It will be released in episodes, the first at around 25k words, and is titled "The Shadow of the World."
3. Some characters from Children of the Plague and Apocalypstick will have roles, though not in the first book. (Maybe even Xipe (pronounced SHE-pay) and Crane…)
4. It is science fiction with horror and fantasy elements
5. It has been the most fun I've had writing, yet.
Three tips that you think might be useful for other authors… anything you want. It could be, to write a certain amount every day, only write after midnight and never get Gizmo wet (Sorry, that’s Gremlins not writers! My bad.) Maybe it’s some information that was given to you that has helped your process…
1. Write every day, even if it's just for a few minutes and has nothing to do with your WiP (Work in Progress).
2. Write as early as possible. That way you will think about your story all day and will have new ideas, even if you can't actually write.
3. Always work to improve your craft and skills. Practice writing things you've never written, like a short story in a new genre. It will keep you sharp.
I hope that you all enjoyed his work, and good luck with the competition. I'm currently reading Children of the Plague now, and it is crazy good!
9/9/2013 09:05:33 am
Great collection of authors huh! Made me chuckle.
9/9/2013 11:13:01 am
She's always been a horror writer to me :)
9/9/2013 01:06:08 pm
I love your short story! And I love Children of the Plague, as well as Apocalypstick. :)
9/9/2013 02:02:05 pm
Thank you Stacey Joy! My stories and I love you back ;-)
10/9/2013 12:52:58 am
Um... Greg, we need to talk.
10/9/2013 12:59:03 am
Haha, Good one, Jason.
10/9/2013 05:03:24 pm
Loved CotP! And found the flash fiction hilarious! I want to know what the results of the teacher test were. Did she like the paper? Inquiring minds want to know. :-)
10/9/2013 08:49:48 pm
Ahh, I wondered if someone would ask about that.;)
10/9/2013 08:50:56 pm
10/9/2013 08:51:13 pm
10/9/2013 08:51:50 pm
10/9/2013 08:53:48 pm
Yikes! I kept getting an error saying the comment couldn't be submitted... Sorry for the word pollution.
11/9/2013 08:08:07 am
LOL I've had that happen to me before. :-)
14/9/2013 07:18:21 pm
*giggles* I liked this story. Just thinking of those authors sitting around with their 'trophies' comparing stories about how they got them makes me smile!
20/9/2013 01:36:39 am
Thanks Chucklesthescot ;-)
Leave a Reply.
Subscribe To My Blog
BUY LIMERENCE HERE