Today I have some more of the gruesome TW Brown on the blog, talking more about his amzing zombies. Firstly though, I wanted to let you know, for those of you that have followed Todd and his writing, his newest novel Dead Reborn (7) in the dead series.
Being a writer isn't easy, I mean, it's really difficult. The constant self-doubt, chasing the reviews, getting the reviews--good and bad, the deadlines, the plots... urghhh, the list is endless, and at the end of it all, the only thing we get is the self-gratification that we have done a good job and entertained the reader for a a few hours.
Well, I can promise you this, Todd can definetly entertain! if you like old school zombies with a great plot and brilliant characters, then go pick up his books. Better still, enter the competition for the Smashwords coupon and get a compendium of his first three books.
And for Gods sake, leave a review!
Todd's given me an excerpt to share with you all. So keep reading for a great zombie read!
The Ugly Beginnings Excerpt
Makes you want to read more right? Now lets get to know Todd a little better.
Getting To Know Todd
Five facts about you that people won’t know about you. Can you juggle? Ride a bike with no hands? Drink beer upside down? Something unusual… GO!
1. I played lead guitar and was the vocalist for an 80s rock cover band called "The KaQlin' Zombies".
2. I keep my head shaved by choice, but have had it halfway down my back as recently as 6 years ago.
3. I am an excellent cook and constantly pull ideas from The Food Network to try at home.
4. I have been diagnosed with OCD and am a "neat" freak. So while my wife is at work, I stay home and write, but I also do the cooking and cleaning (which she loves)
5. I was a play-by-play announcer for a semi-pro football team.
Five facts about your newest book that people won’t know. Some background history on one of your characters maybe? Maybe it was going to be called something completely different to start out with? Is it the same genre it started out as?...
1. It was actually going to be called "DEAD: Spring" but the story had not gotten far enough in book 6.
2. I got frustrated with the story at one point and deleted over 25,000 words because I felt that I was pandering to a few critics and straying from MY story.
3. I almost considered having Thalia narrate instead of Billy
4. I had no idea if Juan was going to make it this far.
5. I had originally thought that ALL of the story lines would have converged by this point and I would be done with the rotating chapter. (Which is now obviously going to be permanent.)
Five facts about your next book… Name, genre, expected date of release…
1. DEAD: Reborn comes out on September 30th. It is the 7th book of the DEAD series.
2. My next book will be book 6 from the Zomblog series. Zomblog: Snoe's Journey. It will be out on October 30th.
3. In November, I have my second full-length "That Ghoul Ava" book coming out, titled: That Ghoul Ava Kicks Some Faerie A**". It is a horror/comedy
4. I initially had DEAD planned to be a five book series.
5. Zomblog started as a writing exercise that was never intended to be published.
Three tips that you think might be useful for other authors… anything you want. It could be, to write a certain amount every day, only write after midnight and never get Gizmo wet (Sorry, that’s Gremlins not writers! My bad.) Maybe it’s some information that was given to you that has helped your process…
1. Never engage in an argument over a bad review. If you can't handle the idea that not everybody will love you, get out now.
2. There is room for everybody at the top, if you give somebody a hand up, they might reach down and pull you up with them.
3. GET YOUR BOOK EDITED!
Free Book Download
Like last night, all you need to do to get DEAD: Compendium (the first three books in the DEAD series) is "LIKE" Todd's author page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-TW-Brown/ and comment that you are getting a 1,000 pages of zombie fun for free courtesy of Claire C Riley!
Come back and let me know that you've done it, and a winner will be picked at random.
Tomorrow night we have Mark Tufo on the blog, so don't miss it!
As always, happy Reading
Subscribe To My Blog
BUY LIMERENCE HERE