Let's get to know LE Jamez
LE Jamez is a writer with a sharp wit, ready pen, and love of
the macabre. Her website, www.officemango.com, contains many examples of her work, some gruesome, most creepy and plenty that will give you sleepless nights.
When she's not thinking up ways to scare her readers she is found running after her two children and husband in Dunfermline, Scotland.
Always around on Facebook and Twitter, Laura will happily engage in discussions about any subject whether it be writing, reading or simply the joy of
Stalk her on all her social networks-, psst! Especially her blog, which is full of horrorful fun!
Twitter : @lejamez - link https://twitter.com/LEJamez
Facebook link : https://www.facebook.com/officemango
A quick get to know the author.
Five facts about you that people won’t know about you. Can you juggle? Ride a bike with no hands?
Drink beer upside down? Something unusual… GO!
1. I love eating Celery with sugar
2. The first horror book i read was cujo by stephen king at age 11.
3. I own over 30 pairs of shoes and boots& it’s still not enough.
4. I’m stuck in the 80’s with my music and was surprised when George Micheal came out.
5. The chances of me surviving a zombie Apocalypse are slim cause I have no patience, and I have a lousy
Five facts about your newest book that people won’t know. Some background history on one of your
characters maybe? Maybe it was going to be called something completely different to start out with? Is it the same genre it started out as?...
1. Started as pure Horror but has ended up as more paranormal thought there are horror elements.
2. Sin (Main female character) is over 6000yrs old yet still looks as if she’s in her
3. I hated one character so much I rewrote the ending so I could kill him.
4. At last count there are 10 horrible deaths, but this could increase.
5. I still havent finished the book, currently working my way through edits.
Some facts about your next book… Name, genre, expected date of release…
1. A prequal to aftermath (above) showing sin’s life
2. Not started it yer so not really sure where i’m gpoing with
3. I have a couple of flash fiction ebooks to release before christmas.
Three tips that you think might be useful for other authors… anything you want. It could be, to
write a certain amount every day, only write after midnight and never get Gizmo wet (Sorry, that’s Gremlins not writers! My bad.) Maybe it’s some information that was given to you that has helped your process…
1. Write flash fiction as much as you can, it helps develop your writing skill set – show just how much can be conveyed in few words.
2. Don’t be afraid to ask for help, there are lots of writers out there who are more than happy to offer advice, help or even just to make you feel good about yourself – you're never really alone.
3. Never beat yourself up if you don’t meet self imposed targets and compare
your output to that of others everyone is different as long as you write at your own pace your good to
Kitchen Antics & Other Tales is a collection of 11 short flash fiction tales, exploring the mind of LE Jamez and it is a dark place indeed. Everything from cannibalism to demons are within these pages, each tale a quick five minute read over coffee if you dare.
One reviewer had this to say about it:
This debut collection of short stories opens with a fun and gory bang, with the
titular tale 'Kitchen Antics' - having been in a few restaurant kitchens and
knowing many chefs, it's a spatterfest that could just be true. 'Revenge' is a
bug story that will leave you itching and squirming long after you've read it; but it is 'Barney' a noir-ish Pied Piper homage that stood out for me. With such a variety of stories, it's clear that Jamez's imagination knows no bounds.
I'm looking forward to reading what she comes up with next.
So, what are you waiting for?
Go pick yourself up a copy if you didn't manage to win one over the last day or so.
And add it on Goodreads please: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17985707-kitchen-antics-other-tales?from_search=true
And always remember to leave a review!
Leave a Reply.
Subscribe To My Blog
BUY LIMERENCE HERE